Friday, March 29, 2013

Pain Not Transformed Is Pain Transmitted







Today is Good Friday and we remember the suffering and the pain that Jesus experienced.

I went to a noon church service and the preacher said, "Pain not transformed IS pain transmitted." I love that! Why? Because I have never heard such a simple and concise way of communicating the need to resolve issues.
I recently went to the Doctors office because I have had a problem with my lip. It is a "pre-cancer" thing that hurts when I touch it. I have had it for years. I finally decided to do something about it. The Doctor explained that I could allow him to cut it out or I could ignore it and it would spread across my lip. I have decided to cut the pain out and throw it away instead of allowing it to grow and be transmitted across my entire lip. 
Pain not transformed is pain transmitted.
Our childhood issues are things that burden us throughout our life boiling out of us when we don't want them to and causing more pain to us and to those around us until we recognize them and transform them. I wrote a book on this subject, "Dump Your Hangups Without Dumping Them On Others." Emotional pain like most things in life is not something that is stagnant. It is organic in nature. It is a parasite that feeds on your thoughts and deeds. It grows silently but progressively day after day until we decide to do something about it.
Pain not transformed is pain transmitted.
Spiritual pain is separation from God. The pain may not be as noticeable as physical or emotional pain but it is just as real. The symptoms are "sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies and the like." (Galatians 5)  Today God is calling you to transform your spiritual pain into fullness hope and joy. The Bible tell us that there is only one way to cure your separation from God. That is through Jesus Christ and his grace. Today is the best day to come before God in prayer and transform your pain. You can do that right now. Simply accept Gods Easter gift to you, Jesus Christ. Simply pray, "Thank God for Jesus. Transform my pain today so that I can live with you forever. Amen."
God is blessing you.  Reverend Robert A. Schuller

No comments:

Post a Comment