Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Add Years to Your Life and Life to Your Years with God's Health Plan

You may or may not know that I am a firm believer in Chiropractic care. My chiropractor, Dr. Douglas DiSiena is one of my very best friends and we even wrote a book together called Possibility Living.  We believe that by taking positive steps, such as eating a natural diet, fasting and praying, you can tap into your innate power for possibility living, remaining open to the voice of God in your life as you nurture your whole being. Published in 2002 I believe that Dr. DiSiena and myself were ahead of the curve when we talked about being healthy in three parts: spiritually, emotionally and physically. Now, many people talk about the benefits of being physically healthy and how that affects our emotional and spiritual well being.

For me, one of the ways that I stay physically healthy, is by getting adjusted at least once a week. For over 20 years, I have reaped the benefits of chiropractic care and I am so grateful that my whole family can be seen by Dr. DiSiena.

Here is a photo of my youngest grandchild, Robert Cohen being adjusted:



I couldn't help but remember my son at that age. My youngest child, Anthony, suffered from severe asthma attacks from the age of two. Some nights we would even have to rush him to the emergency room. He constantly had an inhaler with him until one day it all changed. Anthony had his first chiropractic adjustment at the age of 4 and never suffered another asthma attack. 26 next month, he has been completely asthma free. I am confident that through the healing hands of chiropractic care, God cured him of his asthma forever.

Most people think that Chiropractors are spine and neck doctors. While they do help to correct ailments of the spine, they are actually doctors of the nervous system. Over the years, Dr DiSiena has helped me with adrenal issues, cranial sacral therapy, stress management, insomnia, and diet and nutrition.

If you're not convinced of the power of chiropractic care, I encourage you to do some further investigating. There are countless stories like Anthony's. Like of people who are completely deaf until their first adjustment. However, like every profession, there are good chiropractors and there are bad ones. I recommend finding a chiropractor who uses an "activator" as well as manual adjustments, especially if you have children or don't like to hear your back cracking!

May God Continue to bless you as you add years to your life and life to your years with God's health plan!
RAS

3 comments:

  1. Add Years to Your Life and Life to Your Years with God's Health Plan is a Gr8 book I bought a few yrs ago and refer to often.

    I too have had great success with Chiropractic but some important thoughts to consider in the opinion of experts before rushing babies off to a life of Chiropractic care

    Handle with Care and ensuring the Chiropractor has the training specialized for treating children is important I believe.

    Today, building on a program that began in 1993, the International Chiropractic Association offers a postgraduate “Diplomate in Clinical Chiropractic Pediatrics” (DICCP) and publishes the “peer reviewed” Journal of Clinical Chiropractic Pediatrics. The diplomate program is a thirty-module, 360-plus-hour classroom course that takes place during weekends over a three-year period. There is no hospital training and no contact with diseased or injured children—only a “mandatory observational/training weekend at a chiropractic center for special needs children under multi-disciplinary care” (ICA Council 2009).

    There is evidence to indicate that soft-tissue manipulative techniques applied over the neck area might aid recovery from secretory otitis media (inflammation of the middle ear) by opening the eustachian tube to facilitate drainage of fluids from the middle ear (Mills 2003).

    God is Blessing all, always
    J-M


    ReplyDelete
  2. My earlier post that contained the phrase "I too have had great success with Chiropractic but some important thoughts to consider in the opinion of experts before rushing babies off to a life of Chiropractic care " was on re-reading sounding too harsh re "rushing babies into a life of Chiropractic" and it was not to imply anyone is not with the highest welfare of all children. I apologize if it was interpreted as such. I simply know that it is a special treatment with young tender bones and ligaments. I simply wanted to give my point that all Chiropractors are not as familiar with special treatment of children. I also believe most kids will have hurts and need to let the majority of things repair themselves as God intended and designed, Obviously sometimes a Chiropractor is best. I was involved with Chiropractic Association and their alternate association that is Associoiation of Straight Chiropractic that believes in only adjustment of the spine, something I believe was the earliest care and my Chiropractor used more extensive techniques that helped me and my family.

    I hope that clarifies my post.

    God is Blessing all always
    J-M

    ReplyDelete
  3. While true that misalignment of the spine may cause neurologic dysfunction and may be corrected with chiropractic adjustment, a doctor of the nervous system is a neurologist not a chiropractor they are quite different.

    ReplyDelete