Saturday, January 11, 2014

Get Happy in 2014


I want everyone to get happy in 2014! Easier said than done, many people suffer from depression due to physical, mental and spiritual influences. I want 2014 to be a year that you overcome your depression.  I believe in the whole person. Body, Mind and Spirit. So I would work accordingly:

BODY: 

  • Eat nothing but low sugar fruits and green leafy vegetables. Specifically avoid all meats, white sugar, chemical laden foods, and gluten. 
  • Take a high quality DHA/EPA Omega oils supplement. If you are not buying processed foods and meats, you will have the money to buy these essential oils. If you need help finding this kind of supplement, click here
  • Within a few weeks you should start feeling a bit better because this diet will reduce your inflammation. When you do, you can start exercising. Start small and slowly increase your activity level. By next year you could be running a mile or walking a marathon.
MIND: 

Surround yourself with positive, happy people. Avoid toxic, negative people. Watch comedies and positive happy shows. Do not watch the news! Do not watch action movies. Read positive books and inspiring stories. You cannot take all the toxic out life but you can dilute it with positive. So deluge yourself with all the positive you can while avoiding as much negative as possible.

SPIRIT: 
Read your Bible. Pray every day. Meditate on Key Bible verses such as Psalm 23 (shown above). Meditate means to ponder them in you heart, read studies about them on line, pray them and allow them to penetrate your soul. Other positive key verses include, Jeremiah 29:11,  Romans 8:28, Psalm 147:3, Phil 4:13, Deut. 31:8, Isaiah 40:31, Psalm 37:3-4. Meditate on one of these for a week or more before you go to the next for another week or more. When you get through these verses, start over again or find other verses that work for you. Just stay on one for at least a week. You will know when it is time to move on. I have meditated on one small scripture for as long as 40 days.

I hope this is helpful. I hope you can muster the strength to follow this prescription for wellness. It will work you if you work it. You don't have to be perfect. You just need to stay the course as best you can and keep trying to perfect the path. Don't be too hard on yourself if you slip, just get back in the saddle and stay the course.

Here's to a new about to be Happy You,
Robert A. Schuller

PS. Don't forget to join me and my wife Donna on the 15th of this month at 6:00pm (Pacific Time) for our monthly call. Did I mention it's FREE?!

To access The Call at 6pm Pacific Time on the 15th of January (or any month) please dial:  530-881-1300  When prompted enter this code:  642848#  Invite anyone you know who could use some mid-month inspiration.

4 comments:

  1. I want everyone to get happy in 2014! Easier said than done, many people suffer from depression due to physical, mental and spiritual influences. I want 2014 to be a year that you overcome your depression.I believe in the whole person. Body, Mind and Spirit. So I would work accordingly: Robert, I ask me why you or likewise other pastors only/mainly speak to depressed people. Ask yourself, is every single or almost every person depressed or need help from Jesus...??? Of course the most of the time people only come towards a pastor when they suffer, if they are happy they don't care about Church or anykind of Pastor. I like to hear your opinion Robert!!! --- BODY. Eat nothing but low sugar fruits and green leafy vegetables. Specifically avoid all meats, Are you a vegetarian??? white sugar, chemical laden foods, and gluten.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rose-I posted this because "yes" I have had more than one person contact me because they were feeling suicidal and wanted some help for depression other than what they were getting from their psychiatrist. There are many people with many challenges in body, mind. or soul. Depression is at epidemic proportions in the USA.
      I do think that happy people think about church too. Of course. I don't think that people only come to a pastor when they need help. I have many who just want a friend. "No" I am not a vegan or a vegetarian. There are a lot of chemicals and hormones in the meat in the U.S. so I recommend limiting that when someone is struggling with the above. Thank you for your concern Rose. Pastor Robert A. Schuller

      Delete
  2. Yes, Robert! This is so good. Love how your post begins with 23rd Psalm, set out in a colorful fun (New Year's) celebratory way with the verses. Very clever design that must have been fun to work all the words in, with a non-traditional style. That got me following the path of words as through a path in a colorful garden. ( I have printed a copy of it to put in a frame on my desk).

    Suggestions on Body (good nutrients and exercise), Mind (staying as much as possible with positives (as in the song from The Jungle Book film, I think to "Ac-cen-tu-ate the positive, E-lim-in-ate the negative) and Spirit (reading and meditating on phrases or verses) I have a copy of "The Bible as Prayer-Lectio Divina by Stephen Hough" which I love as it takes one through the whole Bible but with just the "key" verses to read, think over as I read the verse again, then pray over and "talk" with God about.

    Altogether a Gr8 post as I begin 2014. Thank you for this.

    God is Blessing all, always
    J-M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rose-I realize that I posted from Donna's blog settings because she showed me your comment and has her computer opened to this page. Please email me directly if you have other questions. Robert@schullerministries.org
    God is blessing you. RAS

    ReplyDelete