Friday, January 31, 2014

Robert Schuller, Global "Ministry With No Walls"

The Gathering at Puerto Los Cabos Marina.  First Sunday meeting, January 26, 2014, 10am


I'm a bit slow on the posting and I know several of you have written to me and asked about our newest ministry project.  Donna and I started "The Gathering" last Sunday in Puerto Los Cabos, B.C.S., Mexico.  If something rings familiar that's because "The Gathering" is the name my son, Bobby, gave to his first church.  Now he is pastoring at Shepard's Grove while wearing a suit on television, and I am enjoying the organic, laid back method of a Sunday meeting without any expectations, advertising, board of directors, or hoop-la!  It's one of the many blessings of getting older, having that "been there, done that" kind of mentality yet still listening to and following God's call.  Many local English speaking people who live her most or all of the time have said that this gathering is an "answer to prayer."
I grew up with the motto, "find a need and fill it."  I believe my wife and I are doing just that.  If you know anyone who lives locally, or if you are planning a vacation to this lovely part of the world, stop by and see us.  Write to me and I'll give you directions.
I look forward to sharing more as The Gathering continues to meet each and every Sunday at 10am.


*Please continue to join me for "The Call" which is a telephone church service held on the 15th of each month at 6pm Pacific time.  It's simple and it's great!  Dial 530-881-1300 and use the code 642848#.  On February 15th we will continue to discuss goal setting and we will address some of the possible set-backs and pitfalls.  We will also pray together, read scripture, and take questions for those of you who want to ask them.   Join me and my wife each month on the 15th at 6pm Pacific time.  Invite others who may need a bit of inspiration and hope. 

God is blessing you.  Pastor Robert A. Schuller

contact-robert@schullerministries.org


2 comments:

  1. Yes! You have a wonderful approach in "Find a Need and Fill It"

    I think when Jesus sent his disciples out it was not just to wander and "if" they came to a need then help. Rather He knew there were needs in most areas and many hearts and minds. So it is best not to just wait 'til we trip over a need but rather know the needs, find the needs and do something as Jesus would do! Wonderful proactive concept and so pleased you are happy with the new opportunity in The Gathering at Puerto Los Cabos Marina.

    God is Blessing all, always
    Jan-Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way how is your dad doing?

    ReplyDelete