Monday, August 4, 2014

Dr. Robert Schuller Sr's Health Update

Fishing for salmon in Canada, 1980s

"Lord you have been our dwelling place in all generations."  Psalm 90:1



Many of you continue to ask about my father's (Dr. Robert Schuller's) health.   He is happy and doing fine.  He is living in an assisted living facility and I visit him as much as possible when I am in Southern California.

Our time together gives me joy and peace as I rebuild a significant father-son relationship with him.  During our visits our most treasured memories are often discussed and several of my earliest memories include us fishing together.  When I was very young this meant fishing on Big Bear Lake, California.  As I got older we enjoyed fishing for salmon in Oregon and Canada, and for years we shared a love of deep sea fishing off the coasts of Southern California, Mexico, and even Australia.

When visiting an older family member or friend remember to always bring up the happy times together.   There you will find a special blessing in remembering all that was good and meaningful.  Things that contributed to who you are today.

**Join Donna and I on August 15th at 6pm for The Call.  All you need to do is pick up any phone and dial 530-881-1300.  Key-in 642848# to gain access to our time together.  For more information go to donnaschuller.com or email her at Donna@DonnaSchuller.com

God is blessing you.  Robert A. Schuller

To email me:  Robert@SchullerMinistries.org

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the update on your Dad who has meant so much to so many for so long. I too found joy anew in sharing happy times with my parents in their late years. And now my sister and I have learned to dwell more on our happy past rather than any current issues, either of us may be going through.
    J-M

    ReplyDelete